Travelling to and from school
- Use visuals to prepare student for transition eg now and next, visual schedule (real life images are best).
- A video journey can help form the perspective of the student (this is particularly effective when transitioning to a new school or year group).
- Use Social stories to explain what is going to happen.
- Providing the student with something to fidget with e.g. toy might help.
- Allow the student to sit alone with nobody beside them if possible.
- Providing the student with time in a calm area with limited sensory stimuli after a journey may be helpful.